Civic calendar | Arcata, Eureka and supervisors to discuss responses to grand jury reports – Times-Standard
Editor’s Note: The following is a list of board, commission, and council meetings scheduled for next week in Humboldt County.
Arcata Town Hall
When: First and third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chamber, 736 F St, Arcata. The meeting can also be viewed on the city’s website, the city’s YouTube channel, or via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88244517728
• The council will consider approving the wording of the case for a tax on utility users in the November 8 general election ballot
• The board will consider approving responses to grand jury reports on “custody,
Corrections and Other County Facilities” and “Silver Tsunami Warning: Safeguarding Our Seniors”.
• Council will hold a public hearing on the accomplishments of several community block grants.
• The council will consider the introduction of an ordinance on the use of military equipment.
• Council will discuss a statement against antisemitic messages and hate speech.
The agenda can be viewed online at http://arcataca.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx.
Eureka City Council
When: The first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m., behind closed doors at 5 p.m.
Where: Eureka City Council Chambers, 531 K Street, Eureka. The meeting can also be viewed on the city’s website, Access Humboldt channels or via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86293265012?pwd=UVBheFlGdWQwekxYY3c3Q2k0QTJtdz09
• Council will meet in camera to discuss two pending lawsuits.
• During the regular session, the board will consider passing a resolution approving the response to the grand jury report, “The Seas Are Rising Too”.
• Council will consider Pierson Properties’ request for a rezoning at Fairfield and West Harris Streets.
• Council will consider changes to the Cannabis Ordinance.
• Council will receive reports on the Eureka Waterfront Plan and improvements to C and F Streets.
• Council will receive an update from the City Manager on SB 1383, a new law mandating the recycling of organic materials.
The agenda can be viewed online at http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov
Eureka Economic Development Commission
When: Third Wednesday of the month at 5 p.m.
Where: Eureka City Council Chambers, 531 K Street, Eureka
• The July 20 meeting is cancelled.
Ferndale City Council
When: Third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Where: Ferndale Town Hall, 834 Main Street, Ferndale. The meeting is also available on Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86293265012?pwd=UVBheFlGdWQwekxYY3c3Q2k0QTJtdz09
• Council will consider resolutions allowing Humboldt County to collect sewer assessment and drainage assessment fees.
• Council will determine whether to continue the local emergency related to the coronavirus pandemic or whether to resume in-person meetings.
The agenda can be viewed online at https://ci.ferndale.ca.us/departments/city-council/.
Fortuna City Council
When: First and third Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chambers, 621 11th Street, Fortuna. The meeting can be viewed on the Access Humboldt Channels
• The July 18 meeting is cancelled.
Association of Humboldt County Governments
When: Third Thursday of each month at 4 p.m.
Where: 611 I Street, Eureka
• The July 21 meeting is cancelled.
Humboldt County Board of Supervisors
When: Every Tuesday except the fifth Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m.
Where: Supervisors’ Rooms, 825 Fifth St., Eureka
• Council will consider extending the local drought emergency.
• The board will consider approving an agreement with Liebert Cassidy Whitmore for legal services of $350,000.
• Council will consider revenue options for road maintenance and repairs.
• The council will review the county’s responses to the grand jury reports.
• The council will hear an appeal on noise increases allowed for the Humboldt County Fairground Motorcycle Races.
• In closed session at 9:30 am, council will discuss the appointment of a county surveyor.
• In closed session at 2:00 pm, council will discuss a dispute against a county corrections officer.
• In camera at an undetermined time, the supervisors will discuss the litigation between the State of California and Karen Paz Domingues and the appointment of a county agricultural commissioner.
The agenda is available online at https://humboldt.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
Rio Dell City Council
When: First and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Rio Dell City Hall Council Chamber, 675 Wildwood Ave., Rio Dell. The meeting can also be viewed on the Access Humboldt channels.
• Council will consider renewing a firearms agreement with the College of the Redwoods.
• Council will hold public hearings on abatement assessments for two properties.
• Council will discuss an organic waste ordinance.
The agenda is generally available online at http://cityofriodell.ca.gov/agendas-minutes-0, but the city’s website is not currently functioning.