Association of Graduate Students in History and Graduate Activities | Department of History
The History Graduate Student Association (HGSA) at the University of Nevada, Reno is a vehicle for providing materials as well as professional and social support to all graduate history students. The HGSA is committed to:
- Nurture a supportive community within the Department of History
- Advocate for the needs of all graduate students in history
- To facilitate communication between all graduate students in history and with the wider university community
- Organization of social events in the Reno/Tahoe area
- Provide public service opportunities in the Reno/Tahoe community
- Offer professional development workshops
HGSA hosts social events for graduate students and their loved ones to provide a much-needed and deserved break from the routine of graduate school. We are looking for activities that highlight the best parts of the Reno/Tahoe area.
Workshops are also offered. The workshops are designed to be a support group for graduate history students to help them survive and thrive in the University. The workshops are open to all graduate students in history. Writing workshops help graduate students write their prospectus, thesis, dissertation, dissertation or article. Professional development workshops help demystify the process of grad school and becoming a historian. Topics include passing competitions, attending conferences, conducting research, and finding employment.